When deciding which band will be the focus of tribute act, answer the following questions:
- What is the target demographic of my intended audience?
- How popular is the band with my intended audience?
- Will my target demographic come out to venues to see my band or any band?
One of the most successful tribute bands around is the Bon Jovi tribute band, 'Slippery When Wet.' Let's take a look at why they have a good 'draw.'
- They've chosen a band to cover that has had an amazing career spanning two decades. They have a fan base with ages from the 20s-50s.
- Their lead-singer looks and sounds like Bon Jovi.
- They have gone out of their way to have to whole band look and sound like Bon Jovi.
- They book themselves into venues where their target audience will attend.
Another successful tribute band is A1A out of Atlanta. They have done an extraordinary job of capturing the essence of a live Jimmy Buffet show. They figured out why Jimmy Buffet is so popular after 30-years of performing, people like to party!
There are many successful tribute bands earning a good living making music. Do your research, choose wisely, practice, and you too can have a successful tribute act.
Get FREE gig leads at PartyBand.US